Welcome to the NMSU Therapeutic Riding Program
The NMSU Therapeutic Riding (TR) Program consists of Therapeutic Riding, Ground Lessons, Equine Assisted Learning, Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, and Hippotherapy.
Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies (EAAT) are designed to improve the quality of life for people of different ages and abilities by using horsemanship programs and outdoor experiential education to develop confidence, self-worth, and active community participation.
These EAATs can help children and adults with physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral challenges gain strength and independence.
EAATs help people from all backgrounds and walks of life in a variety of ways, including increasing strength and flexibility, improving motor skills, promoting speech and cognitive reasoning, and building relationships and social skills. The individuals may face any number of challenges, but all benefit from the power of the horse.
Healing Horses - Related Article
- Therapeutic riding program works miracles for riders with physical, mental disabilities - by Jane Moorman - Panorama Fall 2014
We would like to Thank all of our donors this past year that have given their money, time, and donations! Your generosity and support has given us the opportunity to help children and adults with physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral challenges gain strength and independence from the power of the horse.
Below is our 2014 Donor List and our Wish List for 2015.
If you would like to donate to the NMSU Therapeutic Riding Program please click on this link: Donations to TRP.
Thank You for Your Support
2014 Donor List
- Allen Theaters
- Barbara Gordon
- Dublin's Bar & Grill
- Elizabeth & Glen Haubold
- Horse N' Hound
- Julienne Jewelry
- Laura Cox
- Laura Romeneli
- Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant
- Lucia McGranahan
- MECA, LLC.
- Mesilla Book Center
- NMSU Women's Equestrian Team
- Peter Piper Pizza
- Red Hawk Golf Club
- Ricardo Rel
- Senator Mary Kay Papen
- Staybridge Suites
- Toucan Market
- Wal-Mart off Valley
- Wendy Wilkins & Jay Rodman
- Yours Truly by Julie Graphic Designs
Bold Text/Donated $500 or more
NMSU TRP Wish List
- Chiropractor - $60 (6 times a year)
- Specialty shoes - $80 (7 times a year)
- Teeth floated - $100 (1 time a year)
- Summer Semester - $280
- Spring or Fall Semester - $385
- Full Year - 1,050
College Student Scholarships
- Online Courses - $100
- PATH Workshop - $800
- PATH Instructor Certification - $1,000
- Hippo therapy Workshops - $600-$800
- Single Handle Surcingle - $300
- Extra Thick Saddle Pads - $200 each (need 7)
- 16” high pommel Show Saddles - $1,000 each (need 2)
- Neoprene Cinches, variety of sizes - $40-$50 (need 6, sizes 32”, 4 - 34”, 36”)
- Bits - 40-$100 (need 2 tom thumbs & 1 5.5” correctional)
- Reins - $40 each (need 3)
- Lead Ropes - $10 each (need 5)
- Covered Arena, phase I - $48,000 still needed
- Cement Pad - $2,000
- Sprinkler System - $10,000
- Covered Arena, phase 2 - $150,000
- Covered Arena, phase 3 - $150,000
- Truck and Trailer - $40,000
- Horses - $1,000 each (need 3)
Help Us in 2015 - Be a Donor to the Therapeutic Riding Program
NMSU Foundation Online Giving - Therapeutic Riding This link above allows you to make a gift to the New Mexico State University Foundation for the Therapeutic Riding Program using your credit card. Your gift represents an investment in New Mexico State University's success today and directly impacts our level of excellence in the future. If you would rather mail your gift, please use the printable form available (link) below. Thank you for your support.